Terms & Conditions
1. The payment of a 20% booking deposit and booking form constitutes an acceptance of our Terms and Conditions
2. No-one other than those named on the booking form may sleep at Tanpits Cottage. You may invite friends to visit but the number of people overnight in the property must not exceed eight. (Please see COVID 19 section) This is a requirement of our insurance and fire regulations.
3. Pets must be disclosed on our booking form and only those pets may be brought onto the property. Dogs should be a minimum of 6 months old at the time of your holiday.
4. We endeavour to be dog-friendly and understanding, however guests are expected to abide by our House Rules for Dogs (see separate guidelines).
5. In the case of you cancelling your holiday, your Booking Deposit is non-refundable, however if your booking is re-let we will refund any deposit paid minus £100 administration charge.
6. Once dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email they can only be changed with our agreement and may incur an administration charge.
7. Your final payment plus damages/security deposit is due 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. We will send you a reminder email a week before your balance is payable and a final reminder on the due date. If payment is not made by the due date or you do not contact us, your holiday dates will be re-advertised as a cancellation.
8. We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation.
9. If a booking is cancelled after final payment we will endeavour to re-let .If it is re- let, we will refund you in full minus a £100.00 administration and re-marketing fee. If we are unable to re-let we will refund only the housekeeping and utility cost for that period.
10. Tanpits is available for occupation after 3 p.m. on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 9.30 a.m. promptly on the last day.
11. You must keep the property clean and in good order and you will be responsible for any breakages. Please report breakages, damage or other problems as soon as they occur. We cannot rectify issues that are not reported to us immediately.
12. Any damage or any extra cleaning required if the property is left dirty will be charged against your security/damages deposit. In the unlikely event of damage exceeding your damages/security deposit, you will still be liable.
13. If your dog sleeps on your bed with you please let us know before hand and bring your own bed linen. If our bed linen is used and found to be covered in dog hairs, you will be charged for replacements. Do not use the bedding supplied without bed linen, in the event of this happening you will be charged the full cost of replacement duvets, pillows and protectors.
14. We will charge for any damage caused by your dogs.
15. We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action to recover any costs if payment is not made on request. Should the cost of rectifying or replacing any damaged items or property exceed £100 you are liable for that cost.
16. Your security/damages deposit will be refunded to you promptly within 7 days of the end of your holiday following inspection by our Housekeepers.
17. We may cancel bookings if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: flooding, fire, significant damage, failure of utility services or weather damage. In this event we will refund in full any sums you have paid.
18. If you commit a serious breach of our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking and if you are already at the property we may require you to leave.
19. If we are concerned that guests are breaching our terms and conditions our Housekeeper, ourselves or our representative has the right to enter and inspect the property at any time.
20. Tanpits is a non-smoking non –vaping property.
21. Unlimited Plusnet internet is provided free of charge. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to Plusnet or Openreach planned maintenance or MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control.)
22. We reserve the right to decline a booking or impose additional security deposit fees.
Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside our control.
Firstly, and above everything else, we urge ALL guests to buy appropriate travel insurance. We are not permitted to recommend individual insurers. We understand that some insurance companies are providing cover for Covid-19. Please carry out your own research.
In the event of a national lockdown we will offer you a transfer of dates (priced accordingly) or a full refund.
If we are required to close by the Government we will offer you a transfer of dates (priced accordingly) or a full refund.
We cannot offer refunds for disinclination to travel. This means that if you change your mind for whatever reason and choose not to take your holiday, we cannot offer you a refund. Please refer to our standard terms & conditions regarding cancellation.
We cannot offer refunds for illness, including Covid-19, personal shielding or self-isolation. This means that you must claim on your own insurance. If you do not have insurance, please refer to our standard terms & conditions regarding cancellation.
We cannot offer refunds if guests cannot complete their stay. Early departure does not warrant a rental decrease.
Please ensure that you follow all Government guidance on travel if you are unwell before arrival. We cannot accept guests isolating at Tanpits.
If a guest becomes unwell during their stay we ask that they return to their main residence in line with guidance. Please inform us if anyone in the party becomes unwell or has a positive test for Covid 19 as this will affect sanitiser protocols.
If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example, because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. If they are too unwell to travel, they will be liable for the additional rental for any longer period staying and costs of any subsequent cancellations incurred.
We urge guests to ensure they have adequate Travel Insurance.
*Updated March 2021