1. The return of a 20% booking deposit and booking form constitutes an acceptance of our Terms and Conditions
2. No-one other than those named on the booking form may sleep at Tanpits Cottage. You may invite friends to visit but the number of people overnight in the property must not exceed eight. This is a requirement of our insurance and fire regulations.
3. Pets must be disclosed on our booking form and only those pets may be brought onto the property. Dogs should be a minimum of 6 months old at the time of your holiday.
4. We endeavour to be dog-friendly and understanding, however guests are expected to abide by our House Rules for Dogs (see separate guidelines).
5. Your Booking Deposit is non refundable, however if your booking is re-let we will refund any deposit paid minus £100 administration fee.
6. Once dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email they can only be changed with our agreement and may incur an administration charge.
7. Your final payment plus damages/security deposit is due 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. We will send you a reminder email a week before your balance is payable and a final reminder on the due date. If payment is not made by the due date or you do not contact us, your holiday dates will be re-advertised as a cancellation
8. We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation.
9. If a booking is cancelled after final payment we will endeavour to re-let .If it is re-let, we will refund you in full minus a £100.00 administration and re-marketing fee. If we are unable to re-let we will refund only the housekeeping and utility cost for that period.
10. Tanpits is available for occupation after 3 p.m. on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10 a.m. on the last day.
11. You must keep the property clean and in good order and you will be responsible for any breakages. Any damage or any extra cleaning required if the property is left dirty will be charged against your security/damages deposit. In the unlikely event of damage exceeding your damages/security deposit, you may still be liable.
12. Your security/damages deposit will be refunded to you promptly within 2 – 3 days of the end of your holiday following inspection by our Housekeepers.
13. We may cancel bookings if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: flooding, fire, significant damage, failure of utility services or weather damage. In this event we will refund in full any sums you have paid.
14. If you commit a serious breach of our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking and if you are already at the property we may require you to leave.
15. If we are concerned that guests are breaching our terms and conditions our Housekeeper has the right to enter and inspect the property at any time.
16. Tanpits is a non-smoking non –vaping property.
17. Unlimited Plusnet internet is provided free of charge. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to Plusnet or Openreach planned maintenance or MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control.)
18. We reserve the right to decline a booking or impose additional security deposit fees.
19. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside our control.
Tanpits Cottage March 2020